Sunday, August 25, 2013

Career day

Happy Sunday Purple Room Families,

I hope you all are enjoying your weekend!

Good news! Our class book is complete! It will be sent out this week to get laminated to help it last. We are very excited to share it with our families. It will stay in our classroom, but it will open to everyone for reading.

After talking so much about stories and characters and playing through dress-up, I thought it would be fitting to do a short unit on careers. I'd like to talk about what each child would like to be when they get older. I'd like to discuss the gifts or talents each student has and the ways that those gifts can be used. We will be researching in depth some of the common professions and discuss the ways that those professions help our community. My hope is that each child will understand the important role they play in our society. Each job is special and important to helping our society run successfully. We will, of course, have fun crafts and activities planned throughout the week. To end our summer program, I would like to have a picnic lunch on Friday. Lunch will goes as usual, only outside.

For one of the crafts this week, I ask that each student bring a paper bag to school. Please bring in all bags by Wednesday.

Looking forward to this week. See you all tomorrow!

Warm Regards,
Shaina