Monday, November 9, 2015

Snowman in October???

Teacher Rashida put out circles of paper and yellow and red paint. She was planning for the letter P with paint and pumpkins, but the kids had another idea. Once their first three circles were orange from the blended paint colors, they said it looked like an orange snowman! The children worked together to make two large snowmen, one orange and one white. They decided that one would be a boy and one would be a girl.









Everyone had something to say about their work:

Adriel: I love it…I love the pockets with buttons, I like sparkly, his name is mama, hehehe

Keerthi: I like the pockets because they have buttons. I will name him Teacher Rashida

Ava: I love the boy, I like his rainbow hair

Sam: I like the purple color on his body, I like the pom pom carrot nose, I want to name him bunny foo foo. No, I actually want to name him Sammy.

Lilian: I like putting sparkles and buttons on him. His name is Mr. button. He is fall snowman and he goes and find some girls but he keeps messing up and messing up and now he found a girl, Ms. Diamond that messes up too with her nail polish. And the girl snowman likes the boy snowman and they go together and marry but they have to wait till they get older and then marry. And they will also get babies. I will name their babies sparkle and Jose, they look like they are dancing together a ball dance.

Micah: I like putting rainbow sparkles on him. I will name him snowy, the little baby boy will be a rainbow.

Eli: His name is Snow boy. I like his black eyes. It looks like he is looking at me, I like all of his buttons.

Dylan: I like his eyeballs and nose. His nosy is so funny because it has 2 balls, hey but the bottom had to be the biggest the middle has to be medium and head has to be small but they look all same. They both look pretty funny. I want to name him Joey.

Landon: His name is bungy, it looks like his scarf is falling down. I like his pockets and buttons. I like all the colors and the best is black and orange, he is thinking about a new home, he wants a snow house like a igloo and he can paint it blue, ha ha

Johnny: I like the colors. I want to name the boy boogy, they are walking and talking and saying hello.

Lucas: The nose feels like a cotton ball. I see cotton ball on TV. Do you know there are railroad track machines to build railroad track. I want to name him snowman. Is the paint dry? The bird will poop on the snowstorm because you put it out there and then birds will sit on it.

Hannah: I like the bottoms that snowman, this eyes, this nose orange and brown















Thoughts on Girl Snowman
Adriel: I love the puzzle piece on it, I will name her cutie, they love to do that and be together.

Keerthi: I like the girl because she has a rose scarf. I like the peacock crown it looks pretty and also I like her colorful hair. I want to name her Ava, they are gonna to marry, have a new baby and play as a family. I will name the baby sameer .

Ava: I like the pom poms and the buttons. I like her sparkly, they are twins, Adriel and Ava, they are going to go to school and play outside. I like the boy and girl scarves.

Sam: I like her Rose scarf, the puzzle pieces are her dress, the peacock is a crown, her name is Cody

Micah: I like her black buttons, I want to name her Lagga, they are dancing freestyle, they are holding hands and dancing because they like each other.

Eli: Her name is heart, I love her carrot nose. I want them to be put together because they will marry and the girl will become princess and the boy will become prince. They look like doing square dance.

Dylan: I like her blue hair, her name is Jo Jo , they both walking in the snow together, they are like twin brother and sister, they like to play in sand and bury themselves in the snow. From far I think they are hugging each other.

Landon: Her name is Spongebob. I like her eyes, they are different colors, black and brown. Her carrot nose looks like a worm haha...they are playing together, ya I think too from far they are hugging each other

Johnny: The girl snowman is the best because I like her eyes. I want to name her boty

Lucas: The girl is a different color, I want to name her just rainbow, girl have long hair on the back. I like her puzzle and cotton ball dress, Hey cotton balls are white not colors on it! The others are pom poms.

Hannah: girl snowman, this puzzle dress, girl white. Where’s mouth? This not mouth…this girl tree..ya.



It's wonderful to see our children's creative thinking and the teamwork that ensues when they're supported by teachers who follow their lead. October doesn't have to be all about pumpkins, and snowmen don't always have to be white. Way to think outside the box!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad